The price to be a premium member of Wealthy Affiliate is very good value for anyone in the affiliate marketing business or for anyone who is interested in secure managed WordPress hosting.
Here I explain more about why I think this. Enjoy.
How Often Have You Brought Something And Then Discover That You Rarely Use It?
What comes to my mind here is a joke I heard Dara O’Briain, an Irish comedian based in the UK say.
Dara was talking about his experiences with bicycles in mid-life. He explained that he brought a bicycle with add-ons. He said that he used it for a while and then stopped. It was implied that his bicycle is now in a shed and rarely used.
He then asked the audience, how many of them have done the same thing and many in the audience indicated that they did. Then he asked how many of you are married to someone who did this. Way more people in the audience indicated that their spouse did something similar.
It sounds that many sheds have rarely used bicycles stored in them. In other words, buying the bicycle and all the associate gear was a complete waste of money.
I would think that many people who sell these bicycles with the extra gear know that many of these bicycles will be hardly used if ever.
Many people may actually benefit from some sort of “free trial” offer with bicycles. 🙂
Only if they use the bicycles for a while, would they upgrade to actually buying the bicycle. After they have proved to themselves (and their spouses) that they will actually get value from the bicycle.
Makes you think, doesn’t it?
Why Wealthy Affiliate Is Good Value
Anyway, with this free trial offer from Wealthy Affiliate you will be able to determine for yourself if this indeed is something that you would like to do.
As I already said above, the price to be a premium member of Wealthy Affiliate is very good value for anyone in the affiliate marketing business or for anyone who is interested in secure managed WordPress hosting.
Wealthy Affiliate started as a keyword list site only way back in 2005. Then the yearly price was $359.88
This was confirmed to me by Kyle, one of the co-founders of Wealthy Affiliate:
Kyle, co-founder of Wealthy Affiliate
It was $359.88 back in 2005 when we started out as a keyword list website. So it is actually cheaper (by 88 cents) now than it was then.
So through all the years and through all the innovation/advancements and technology, this is our first yearly price increase.
I decided to see what $359.88 in 2005 would be in 2020 as there is a fifteen year gap and inflation does its thing with prices.
I used an online US Inflation Calculator to see how much inflation would bring the $359.88 to in 2020 as shown in the accompanying screenshot:
So with inflation that $359.88 in 2005 becomes $475.63 in 2020.
Since when they started Wealthy Affiliate have been adding additional offerings and services to their membership. They added the following “major” components to their offerings over time:
- SiteManager: This is the secure managed WordPress hosting that is included. There are many players in the webhosting business, ranging in quality and service from crap to brilliant.
- So against another possible fair match for reliable secure managed WordPress Webhosting, that other host would charge over $200 per year to host just one website for one year.
- Be aware that some webhosts charge about $40.00 extra per year for a SSL cert. Wealthy Affiliate do not charge extra for SSL certs.
- Know that some webhosts will charge about $20.00 extra per year per website for security scans of your website. This is already included with Wealthy Affiliate.
It is difficult for me to say how much this is actually worth to you, however let’s say $200.00 per year for each website you have hosted at Wealthy Affiliate.
- SiteEmail: Once you have premium membership and your domain name is hosted at Wealthy Affiliate, then you can use Wealthy Affiliate’s email service.
- This could cost you anything from $23.88 to $107.88 based on plan per year per email address with a well known provider.
- Let’s say you decide to host one domain name at Wealthy Affiliate and you decide to have just one email address at this domain name say support at that domain name, that alone is worth at least $23.88 to you per year.
- With up to 10 websites hosted at Wealthy Affiliate and having only one email address at each, that would cost you $238.80 to $1294.56 to purchase at that other well known provider.
It is difficult for me to say how much this is actually worth to you, however let’s say $23.88 per year.
- Live Events: There is a live video class every week. These are recorded and premium members can access them on demand. These classes last a minimum of 60 minutes. These usually include a “question and answer” session where people attending the live training ask related questions. These are other real affiliates so these “question and answer” sessions provide a lot of great information. I always learn something from those sessions which makes the time I spent watching the recording well worth it. I have enjoyed a number of them. They were entertaining, educational, informative and fun. The ones I have looked at I have enjoyed a lot and learned a lot. It is difficult for me to say how much this is actually worth to you, however let’s say $100.00 per year.
- SiteDomains: They now sell domain names within their platform. This is a convenience especially for people who have not purchased domain names before. It is difficult for me to say how much this is actually worth to you, however let’s say $10.00 per year.
- Kraken Image Optimization:Images need to be optimized to help with the speed of your website. If your website has a lot of unoptimized images this will slow your website down. Kraken image optimization costs anything from $0 (really a small amount of testing) to $790 per year to purchase from the Kraken Image website. The lowest paid plan costs $50 per year. It is difficult for me to say how much this is actually worth to you, however let’s say $25.00 per year.
- SiteComments: This is a platform within Wealthy Affiliate where other Wealthy Affiliate visit your posts and provide comments. You either provide comments on other Wealthy Affiliate websites or buy community credits to get these site comments. It is difficult for me to say how much this is actually worth to you, however let’s says $25.00 per year.
- SiteFeedback: This is a platform within Wealthy Affiliate where other Wealthy Affiliate members look over your website and give feedback on what they notice. You either provide comments on other Wealthy Affiliate websites or buy community credits to get this site feedback. It is difficult for me to say how much this is actually worth to you, however let’s say $10.00 per year.
- SiteContent: This is a tool developed by Wealthy Affiliate to help with content creation. You can use provided templates or develop your own templates to help you ensure that your content follows your standard layout. Various checks are performed on your generated content. These include a spelling check, a grammar check and an uniqueness check. There is also a very useful “add images” function here. This offers access to over 1,000,000 free to use images which is easy enough to search. It is difficult for me to say how much this is actually worth to you, however let’s say $100.00 per year.
There are other offerings within Wealthy Affiliate that I have not mentioned. At least some of these would also be individually worth something extra to you as well.
I would think that you would put different values against what those offerings are actually worth to you. So one that I say $50.00 per year might be actually worth $200.00 per year for you. Or one that I say $50.00 per year might be actually worth $0.00 per year for you.
Now after I add inflation and put some costs against the points mentioned above I come to a figure way in excess of the current premium yearly figure and therefore I think that the current premium yearly figure is a very good deal.
At Wealthy Affiliate, you can learn some affiliate marketing concepts, then apply that learning with practical tasks on your website, then learn more affiliate marketing concepts, then apply that learning with practical tasks on your website. This practical way of learning and doing reinforces what you learn. This is how the core affiliate marketing education and training is mainly delivered at Wealthy Affiliate.
- Is a platform for all affiliates, from no experience to highly experienced.
- Provides affiliate training which you do online at your own pace as your schedule allows.
- Includes practical real world training on using the popular WordPress hosting platform.
- Provides secure WordPress hosting to empower you to build your web presence on the web.
- Provides additional affiliate tools to help you with your affiliate marketing.